Georgetown UniversityGeorgetown University has three campuses in Washington, D.C.: the undergraduate campus, the Medical Center, and the Law Center. The undergraduate campus and Medical Center are together in the Georgetown neighborhood and form the main campus. Other centers are located around Washington, D.C., including the Center for Continuing and Professional Education at Clarendon in Arlington, Virginia.
Georgetown University's Main Campus is located at 3700 O St., N.W., Washington D.C. , with the Georgetown University Medical Center located close by at 4000 Reservoir Road, N.W. Street parking is available but limited and restricted.
Notable AlumniGeorgetown graduates have been recipients of 23 Rhodes Scholarships, 19 Marshall Scholarships, and 24 Truman Scholarships.
- Former President of the United States Bill Clinton is a 1968 graduate of the School of Foreign Service
- Dick Durbin, Senate majority whip
- Steny Hoyer, House minority whip
- King Abdullah II of Jordan
- Ted Leonsis, owner of the Washington Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics franchises
- Actor Bradley Cooper, People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2011, is also a Georgetown graduate.
- Well-known sports alumni include Sleepy Floyd, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Allen Iverson, Jeff Green, and Roy Hibbert. Fictional attendee include
- Benjamin Franklin Gates, played by Nicolas Cage in the National Treasure movie franchise
- John Patrick “Jack” Ryan, Deputy Director, CIA and President in the Tom Clancy novels
What are the GW Athletic Sports?Georgetown competes in Division I intercollegiate athletics with 29 varsity teams and is a founding member of the Big East Conference and an associate member of the Patriot League. Nicknamed "The Hoyas" with Jack the Bulldog is the university's official mascot the University fields 29 teams. (Jack is currently training Jack Jr., a bulldog puppy, to be a Hoya mascot. Jack Jr., or "J.J.," arrived at Georgetown on April 13, 2012.) The class of 1964 brought the first Jack the Bulldog to campus in 1962. According to popular legend, the puppy refused to answer to the name that students gave him (Hoya) and only responded to "Jack." The mascot is often seen attacking and eating cardboard boxes branded with the opposing team's logo during games.
Men's Sports- Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field/Cross Country
Women's Sports- Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Rowing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field/Cross Country Volleyball
- Admissions and Aid Site http://www.georgetown.edu/admissions/index.html
Map/DirectionsDriving Direction to Georgetown University
Write a Comment